Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Tuesday, November 21

The holiday extraveganza 2006 is on!!!

I'll be meeting up with old friends, making new ones and travelling across Europe!
First up is Rome. Few days there to see the sights, pay a visit to my homeboy the Popesie, grab me some pizza, grab me some Italian fine ass (isn't that what Italians do?), gesticulate wildly with my hands (isn't that what Italians do?) and get drunk in Rome (isn't that what I do?).

Then, it's a half day in Swizterland, where I plan to get full of chocolate and cheese and possibly get drunk in Switzerland.

Next up is Istanbul/Constantinople/Byzantium. Gonna get me sum Turkish delight (if you know what I mean - because I'm not so sure), great coffee, soft ice cream, see the harem, etc and quite probably get drunk on a terrace with a gorgeous night view of old Istanbul and the Bosphourus sea (no, not boiling with chemicals, it's called that).

Then it's rush rush rush to Berlin where I hope to meet my good friend Steffan. We will catch up and see the sights and with about 120% probability, get more than a little drunk in Berlin. I hope to get drunk in the former East berlin, if I can (an added bonus).

Then I have to secure transport and get my raggedy ass to Poland and Krakow. I plan to se the castle, teh dragon's grotto, the mystic energy line convergence point, the square, the salt mines, Auschwitz, some museums, sample the local food, try to wonderful cafes (Krakow is considerede the Vienna of Poland) and drink loads of their great coffee.
I'm gonna need that coffee because I have a feeling that I'm going to get drunk, at least once out there.

Then it's again securing transportation to take me South and a little West to Austria and Vienna, land of the Hapsburgs. This will be my 3rd visit to this beautiful, wonderful city. I plan to visit what is possibly one of the greatest museums in the world (actually there are 2 of them, opposite each other - kuntehistorische and naturalhistorische), check out the famous lippizanner dancing horses in training (they are fantastic), try to visit as many world's best cafes as I can and enjoy fine coffee in priceless cups on silver trays... ...and of course get blind drunk at least once. I already know some places where I can find a nice Gosser or homebrew.

Then it's train or bus and about 5 hours to the Czech Republic and Prague. I'll check into the same place I stayed on my last trip and enjoy the Bernard beer in the basement bar, but not before I pop across the road and say hello to my little friends, the pints of Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus, one of my favourite beers - ever.

My birthday will be on the 21st December, so I'm planning to tae a trip out ot the Pilsner Urquell brewery, in Plzen and do a tour and I'll get to tap a huge oak barrel, in the ancient cellars under the ground and drink some unpasturised golden urquell pilsner nectar!! Mmmmm!! I still remember the last time we were allowed a plastic cup of the stuff. I had about 5. Then if I'm still standing, I'll sample some more fine beverages in the brewery bar.

Finally, on 23rd, I'll fly back to Britain and then make my way home to Wales.
I hope to visit my local pub. It's about 3 or 4 miles from my home, in a small village with about 6 or so houses (I live on a farm, in the hills). It's a tiny little place, but the people are 'real people' and the drinks are good and they are cheap. Also, it's not far to slink home before collapsing into unconciousness.

I hope to be able to remember Christmas, but I expect the fridge will be fully stocked with booze, so who knows?

After Christmas, I'll be headed to London and a few parties with my friends.

I fly back to Japan on 31st December. That's right - New Year's Eve.
Bummer, yes?
Actually, maybe no.

I plan to celebrate 3 New Years!
  1. At 3pm UK time, it will be midnight in Japan so I'll haev a drink in a good London pub and celebrate with my friends.
  2. I fly at about 8pm, so I calculate that about 10pm UK time, I should be flying into the time zone where it is midnight, so I'll have 'a drink' on the plane (with a hostess or seven, if they are up for it) and celebrate New Year, wherever it is (I think it could be Egypt).
  3. At midnight, UK time, I should still be flying, so I'lL celebrate another new year, the new year in the UK, again on the plane (in the arms of my favourite air hostess {notice I didn't say flight attendant}? - unfortunately, probably not).
I've paid for the lflghts, the hostels, everything but spending money and beer and transport to and from Krakow.
I hope I won't get robbed or mugged or murdered or lost too often (I meant lost too often, not murdered too often - though I suppose once is once too often).
I shall try to take photos worthy of your praise and remember some of my antics and adventures, as they happen.
I'll put them on my holidays blog.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years.
Hopefully, I'll have some money wiaitng for me, in my bank account tomorrow morning.
Fingers crossed...

Meanwhile, I think I need to work on my dancing skills. I heard in Eastern Europe, they don't mess around when it comes to dancing:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home