Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Tuesday, April 15

Your mishun, Chuwy...hic!...if...if you choosh to akshept it...

...is this weekend, to find and drink Yaho Brewing's seasonal ESB!
...may the forsh be with you... ....hic!

_____________________


Well, I did it.
Eventually.

My attempt to 'grab a quick one' on the way home at McCanns bar in musashi kopusugi ended in dismal and bamboozling failure, as I learned that jsut hours before my arrival, the barrel had ran dry.
Crapola!!!!!
Still, the Bearen chocolate stout they had on in replacement was perhaps some form of compensation. Very nice.
A day or two later, I eventually found a bar that had Yaho ESB on tap.
I used my boozelist blog to find it.
I ventured out far into Tokyo to Beer Bar Bachus and had my Yaho ESB!
And it was good!
6% alc and a slight bite to it. Mild, smooth taste. Quite a lot like the stuff back home. I liked it but I didn't luuuuurv it.

Nectar of the Gods? Mead of the cherubs?Not sure if I'd go that far, but it wasn't half bad.

I enjoyed it so much that I ventured back into Shibuya a few days later and had another one at the Aldgate. For some reason, I had forgotten that Yaho Brewing was also Karuizawa Kogen beer. It wasn't until after I'd travelled all the way to Bachus that I realised this. Shibuya is far closer to me. nuts! Never mind, I went to the Aldgate and had a Karuizawa Kogen ESB:I enjoyed this, whilst talking with Mr.S (one of the foremost beer connoisseurs and writers/drinkers/bar hunters in Japan) and also waiting for a Mr.E (also quite the connoisseur and writer/drinker/bar hunter himself, as well as the organiser of a very large beer appreciation group) to join me for a little bar expedition.

Very nice.

Now, it's Sunday, April 20th.
Took a drive out past Yokohama city (I wasn't driving, by the way) and couldn't resist and another ESB. This time one form the old country:Nice beer.

Now at home, and what a suprise, it's time for another ESB!
This time in the can (thanks to Mr.S for remindig me that World Porters in Yokohama has a Karuizawa kogen beer section).
I thought I'd finish as I'd started, with a can of Yaho ESB in a glass:Yaho ESB 6.5/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home