Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Friday, May 25

Let's look at that fryer again...

I went back to the recycle store (as well as a few others), on my nice new (but used) double shocks (front and back) folding sweet 21 speed 'cool as' bike. The deep fat fryer was still there.
If I hadn't had already discovered a cheap deep fat fryer that enabled me to fry more than just a handful of chips at the same time, without exorbitant cost, then I would definitely buy this.
However, I DID discover a cheap deep fat fryer that enabled me to fry more than a handfull of chips at the same time, without exorbitant cost - so I didn't.

It's still there.
Still at just 2,000yen.


Let's take a closer look at it:

The only weblink I could find was this page.
Wow! It lists this as 6,220yen!


Opening it, we can see the apparently spacious interior.

You can see the handle folds out and there is a release catch for the top hatch on the bottom (strangely enough, whenever you try to feel around near the bottom, you find there's a catch and this fascilitates a quick release).

It seems in pretty good condition.



Looking at the front, you can see the rotary dial for temperature selection.
It goes up to 190C (that's good). There is also a power on off switch (mine only has the power socket (a real pain in the a**se).

Taking the basket out, it is obvious how accomodating and inviting this receptacle of meshed steel would be to any tempted crinkle cut chips or, say, some gullible garlic mushrooms or perhaps a couple of highly suggestible breaded asparagus di-I mean sticks.




Oh, yes, this looks like a good sized basket.
Very inviting indeed.


I wonder...








Yes!

I can easily fry my own face!


Cool.








You can see the maximum level allows for expansion due to bubbles and splishy splashy (scientific terminologies - I wouldn't expect you to understand) when you add the frozen chips too fast (perhaps change the word 'you' with 'Chuwy' and 'too fast' with 'from a great height').
You can also see the indentation due to the circular heating element (it wasn't me).

Looking at the back, you can see the warning (pah! - didn't stop me taking mine completely apart and cleaning it with kitchen cleaner and several rolls of kitchen paper - now, I suspect the interior enamel paint is coming off, into the fat and hence soaking into the chips. This will require quite a few repeated uses to determine if any detrimental effects are to be observed) notices and the electric cable.

Here is a graphic and completely unneccessary and uncalled for and totally explicit photograph of a bottom.

You can see that I like to type the words 'you can see' quite a lot. You can also see that the sticker shows the make and item number.
Good condition.





There you go. It even comes with the original box.

A snap at 2,000yen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home