Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Monday, January 7

They call me 'Mellow Yellow'

Could be worse, I suppose.

Well, I finally got a jacket. An all weather, storm proof, lightweight, kick-ass, mellow yellow winter jacket. I can take it skiing, snowboarding, gorilla hunting, cycling, shopping, on trips to the zoo or maybe the park, on romantic cruises down the Tsumida river, any damn where I please.

It wasn't cheap.
But a certain someone bought it for me. For the time being, at least.

Here it is, in all it's glory:
(Apologies about the model, it's all I could get with such short notice and limited budget - he was given the smaller half of a vending machine cafe mocha, after the shoot)
As I look at the pictures again, I think it's not a very nice looking jacket.
Sod it. I bought it now.
Still, it keeps me safe on the roads. Cars can easily see my bright yellow midsection, protruding over the strained handlebars.
Hang on, that sounded dirty.

It's actually very comfortable. Nice and warm and I have those awesome cool underarm zipped air conditioning meshed compartments that I find really cool. It's a pity the hood isnt removeable, but then I suppose this way it's even more storm proof and waterproof, as nothing can get in. It's not as padded as I would probably want, if, for example, I was up a mountain, lost, lonely and in desperate need of a yak. I said 'yak'. However, as I mentioned, it's easy enough to add a Canadian fleeced tank top (which works wonderfully, I might add - keeps naughty old Jack Frost from mah belleh!) or another layer underneath. plenty of room in there.

I guess you could say that I know own the 'Last Action Jacket':It's great in the rain:
It's an awesome jacket.___________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home