Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Saturday, November 25

Come on, Wales!!!!

Today, at 5 pm, Wales takes on the might New Zealand All Blacks in what everyone hopes will be a fantastic game of rugby.



I'm hoping our boys can do themselves proud. Maybe come off with a suprise win.
We haven't beaten these guys in 53 years. New Zealand have destroyed England and France and all other teams. This is their last game in Europe, before they return to New Zealand.
For us Welsh, we are relishing the challenge.
I'm going to try and catch the match here in Japan. It will start at about 2am. I amy have found a pub that shows the game. It's in Roppongi, the night club and drinking capital of Tokyo. If I go, I expect I'll be the only guy in red, surrounded by a sea of black. I shall have to sing well, then.

Here's some video of the haka. The All Blacks perform this before the start of every game. A tradition from teh maori people of New Zeland. Great stuff. Intense.



Our boys tradition is more post match - double figures in pints. We also finish things off by shouting and rolling around, then vomitting on the carpet.


I shall try to sing a few notes and keep the 'hwyl' going.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, Christopher Huw!
Where are you?

1:21 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home