Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Tuesday, July 17

New Costco in Kawasaki - info

I was cycling thru Kawasaki tonight, going to the Kawasaki Daish HardOff, when I remembered a Costco had just opened nearby (about 1.5km away), so I decided to check it out.
Costco is a huge place which offers you the chance to shop in bulk. Huge jars of coffee, palletts of beer, etc.
The link is here
It was just after closing time and I had no membership card to go inside, so I could only get into the entrance area.

Here's the info:
The official map from the homepage
Here's a map I made using Google Earth:
Here are 2 shots from my phone cam.

The 2nd one shows the inside and the food court area, where every costco has the American style selection of pizza (by the large slice or enourmous whole pizza), bulgogi wrap with spiced beef (quite good), ceasar salad with chicken, ice cream and various sodas. All these are handed out in generous portions.

To join as a basic member you need to fill out some forms and hand over 4,200yen for a year. This entitles you to enter the premises and buy huge amounts of stuff you probably will not ever need but somehow think you want. Consumer heaven.

I asked from some info concerning buses and where to get off, because most blogs do not give any info about that.
The guy at the main desk told me to catch buses 21 or 10 from Kawasaki Station and get off at RINKOKEISATSUSHOMAE.
You should see the building on the left side of the road somewhere near, anyway.

To join, bring with you your ID, a nice smile (they take your photo) and at least 4,200yen.

Good luck shopping.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home