Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Wednesday, November 21

Tested out my new/old Frankenstein camera:

It's alive...ALIVE!!!!!

Well, it works, anyway.

I managed to screw up Frankenstein camera number one by dropping it from a table at karaoke.
I did THIS to the lens:

Oops.
I tried to fix it.
I took the lens assembly away from the main body of the camera (being extra careful not to sever the power cable, like I did the last time).
I also tried not to electrocute myself, by touching the capacitor for the flash mechanism. 300volts would occasionally shoot thru my fingertips and induce me to make silly girlie shrieks.

I just couldn't fix it. The camera, as it was, was dead.

Luckily, my friend, Glen, broke the screen on his digital camrea (unluckily for him but monetarily wise not so bad as I gave him cartloads of cash for his camera and also many many beers). His camera was the DSC-P150. Virtually identical to mine, but with a larger CCD (7.2 versus 5megapixels). So, it was a grade-up Frankenstein job I was planning.

First thing was to take apart the black P150 and remove the screen.
Easily done, with a tiny screwdriver and nerves of jelly:

You can just about see in the next photo that the LCD was cracked and wouldn't show any data, rendering it useless. To get this baby replaced by Sony engineers would cost around 30,000yen or more and take a couple of weeks. Srew that.
I decided to unscrew it and do the screwing job my screwing self.
It cost me nothing and took less than 4 minutes. Most of the time was spent unscrewing the screwy things - oh yes, screws!

Thank goodnesss I had trashed two 40,000yen cameras, enabling me to Frankenstein this one!

I put everything together and tested her out.
Would there be life?

Will I be 'BACK, IN BLACK', as it were?

It was time to switch her on and see if the LCD would 'shine':


Yes!!!!!!!!!!

"It's alive!!!"

Now, I know what it feels like to BE a god!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home