Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Monday, March 24

'Lucky 7' at Baird Beer's Taproom, Numazu

Baird Beer had a Lucky 7 Stout event at the Taproom Beer pub in Numazu, Shizuoka, Japan.
I decided to check it out. I had a good time.
I was joined by Dave and Glen.
Here's the story of our day.
I started off, waiting for Glen at Yokohama station. I was late. He was alter. Dave was already well on his way to Numazu. He didn't wait. Fair enough. No beer for him then.
Eventually, the boys were off.
We both enjoyed the pleasant journey with a pair of Grolsch Weissens. Nice beer. Got them at Seijuishii, Yokohama station. Not cheap, at over 600yen a bottle but good.
We took the JR Tokkaido line to Atami and changed trains to get to Numazu. This was the chepaest option, around 1500yen and 2 hours travelling time. Not too bad.

We got to Numazu station and while I waited for Glen to finish on the toilet (he took AGES), I decided to amuse myself in public. Heres the pigeon theme park I discovered:


Glen arrived and it turned out he was buying us lunch. Thank you, Glen.
We followed the main street and the Kano river to the harbour. It was about a 15 or 20 minute walk.
At the harbour, we found the Taproom and went in and started drinking! Here's the link to my slideshow (just click on the picture):


Whilst in the Taproom, one of the brewers walked in and I recognised her. She was kind enough to invite us for a quick visit of the brewery. We jumped at the cahnce. Here's a tiny movei squirrel boy made (it's not very good, sorry):


Here's a quick video of squirrel boy taking you from the Taproom to the suschi place where Whammbammasamma and I had our dinner:


Glen left early to meet a 'friend' and Dave and I had one last beer for the road after arguing over the bill. He went on to his big party in the big city and I stopped off at The Thrash Zone for one last stout. I had a good day.

That's all.


For now....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home