Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Saturday, August 12

Thunder & lightning!

Very very frightening!
Around lunchtime today,

there was a thunderstorm above my home.
I tried to capture some of it on video for you guys.

It was cool.
I went out on my balcony, in the rain and got some reasonable footage.
Some of the lightning strikes were awesome!
But I missed most of them (wouldn't
you know?)
I've put some videos below. If you like, you cna press the small play button on the bottom left and watch them from within this blog.
Or, you can click on the link below each video and go to the larger version, on the UTube site.
Or you can not watch them at all. It's your move.
...ah, Bishop's finger to Queen's knee - I didn't see that one coming.


(click for UTube link) It's a storm, so it is.


(UTube link) Getting psyched up.


(UTube link) Embarrassing myself, again.


(UTube link) Got a flash at last!

Trying to update this entry, but my friggin computer keeps restarting.
Got a situation here!

Hmm...

Okay, some pics of lightning strikes!!
I had to do this by first pausing the movie on my computer screen, then taking a photo of the screen, using my digital camera, then cropping the photo and sticking it on this blog! - Phew!










You can just about see the actual lightning. On the 2nd photo, it appears to strike a TV antenna/ariel, on top of the building. Cool. Also, that building is just a few 100m away.
I know this by no way compares to what people are experiencing over in Lebanon and Northern Israel right now, but wow, some of those thunder claps really made me jump.
Imagine if it was so much louder, and closer and coupled with a huge explosion that kills and maims indiscriminantly.
Nasty stuff, over there.
Hope it ceases soon.
____________
Okay, a few more videos of me waffling.
Hey, you don't have to watch them!


(Utube) Some theatrical timing, by Mother nature herself.


(Utube) You seen those black CIA trucks?


(Utube) Waffle: Includes my father's shotgun story.


(Utube) 3 minutes of your life, gone.

There you go.
Did you watch them all?
Still resonably sane?
Have a good day. Gonna have to hit the gym, if I can.
Need to exercise, 'cos I have a feeling I won't be doing much, next week.
(Could be drinkin'!)
________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home