Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Saturday, August 19

What happened after my all nighter with Neil?

Okay, first thing's first- I'm getting a beer.
A lovely porter style beer from Yohobrewing, in Karuizawa, Japan.

A National Trust Porter.
This baby is nice! Smooth, well roasted malts, caramel tones, slightest hint of coffee (sweet coffee). Good body, nice, lasting creamy foamy head (that also isn't too big).
Hope I'm not talking like an idiot who doesn't know a thing about beer but is desperately trying to sound like he does.
Oh well, sod it if I do.
Nice beer. 7.5/10. Slight bitter aftertaste but some people will like that. to be honest, I've never been dissapionted with a Yoho brew. They are the oens that make YonaYona ale, probably the frist real ale in Japan. The owner guy is more or less responsible for bringing real ale to this country - thank you!

Okay, back to my post:
What was it? Oh yes, the events succeeding my day of golf (earlier post).
Well, I came home at about 8ish. Got to Hiyoshi station and walked the short distance to where I'd parked my bike. Bugger- it's not there.
"Hang on, Chris, don't panic. You're still drunk. you must have forgotten where you parked it or it's still at home or something. Letsh...lesh not be hasty...hic!"
Nope, I thought and thought till both my brain cells were ready to burst and realised that yes, in fact, my bike was gone. Bugger.
A quick examination of the surrounding area revealed a small red notice that informed the public that, a few hours or so ago, all bicycles in the are were colected and taken to the bicycle pound.
Total of bicycles collected: 1 - mine. Bugger.
I knew (from experience) that the pound was quite a long way from my home and I needed to take a bus (although I couldn't remember which one {c'mon brain, work with me here!}) from Tsunashima and then cycle home on what I hoped would be my bicycle.

Then, I walked home, very tired and sleepy (hadn't had any sleep the night before). Upon arriving at my door, I fished into my pockets, to get my keys.
Bugger. No keys. I looked in my bag. No keys. I emptied everything and looked again - no keys.
Nuts. Lost my keys (house key, bike lock key, etc!).
Luckily, I had a spare set (the mystery as to how I got my hands on these shall remain just that) and I was able to enter my apartment.
But I still needed to find my keys.

It was gettting late.
I called the golf club, in Tskuba, but no answer. I would try again in the morning.
I mailed Kuniko, my friend who drove us to the golf course, the next day and told her about my calamity. She mailed me back and said she found some keys, in her car.


She then mailed me this photo, with her cell phone:
A quick examination confirmed yes, they were indeed my keys! Yes!!!!
So, I arranged to meet her, in Ebisu, Tokyo, later that evening.

Needless to say, I was a little late.

I arrived already 3/4 the way into an Anchor Porter (lovely beer from Seattle, USA).

I drank it whilst walking from the station to the Ebisu Garden Place.
Here's a pic of me, with my beer, on the moving walkway (just overtook a pair of old ladies).

I met her and she gave me my lovely keys. Thank you, Kuniko! Then we went for a walk around the area. I thought I would show her the Beer Museum, as she has never been there. But I couldn't find it (maybe the Anchor porter was kicking in?). Instead, I conveniently found a Mitsukoshi department store and hence found some interesting beers (including the satsuma beers - earlier post).

After that, we did indeed come across the one and only beer museum!
But it was closed.

Still, found time for Kuniko to pose with a standard Japanese sized beer (or rather happoshu - beer with rice as part of the malt make up).
Who said Japanese people are small?
No, it's just that the beer is friggin huge!
(She finished it in 10 minutes)


Then, we went into the Beer Station, for some... ...beer.
I also ordered some food, because I hadn't eaten that day.

We had some nice beer. I got a jug of Yebisu (nice all malt lager).
Kuniko opted for the special premium ale.
You can see it to the left.
Both beers were very nice.

Soon after, my friend, Neil arrived (damn).
He had just been for a Nancy Analyst job interview with Goldman Sucks.
Hope he gets it.
Here you can see our table for three!
much meriment was had by all. We had about three big beers each. Eventually, it was time to move on.

We walked Kuniko to the station and Neil and I decided to head on down to Yokohama town and have another drinkskie.

So, we got on the Hibiya line and boarded our train, all the way to Yokohama.
But something wasn't right.
I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but something just wasn't right.
See if you can fingure it out, by looking at the picture I took of Neil, in the train carriage.


Got it? Look closely...

Maybe you need another clue.
Check out this picture, I took of the floor of the train. Neil is standing in the centre.
look at what is surrounding him (and us).

Yep. That's it, you guessed it.
We were in the ladies' only carriage
Bugger.
Still, no one complained to us and actually, it has it's perks.
  • Plenty of space for one.
  • No nasty smells of smoke or terrible breath or sweaty body odors.
  • No idiotic uncaring old men, coughing all over you.
  • No terstosterone tripping grouchy foreigner haitng guys.
  • Nobody physically stronger than us (wait, that sounds bad).
  • And... ...other reasons that I can't seem to bring to mind, right now (tee hee!).
I must say, in parts, the landscape was glorious.
Some pwettty wittle wadies were sitting awound us.
We stayed in that car, all the way to Yokohama.
Oh, the humanity!

Well, we got to Yokohama and eventually the smiles wore off our faces (after a few hours).
We walked ot the Tavern, butit was closed.
We walked to Cheers, butit was closed.
So, we walked to the Green Sheep and had a beer. I had the YonaYona real ale, but it was not good. They made a mistake pouring it. There was just no gas in it. Neil's Killkenny was ok. I won't be going back there in a hurry. It didn't seem like the bar satff knew what they were doing. They were nice enough, butt I would like a nice beer, for 950yen.
After that, we walked to Sakuragicho and eventually Kannai and then headed into a karoke place (After grabbing a few more beers - apart from the oens we'd been drinking, wehilst walking down the streets of Kannai and avoiding the "you want S-E-X, mister?" Chinese pimps that frequent the area at that time of night. I almost secured a night with some animals - Neil wanted a mouse, but I think the pimp was just confused and didn't really have a farm animal and a mouse in his place- or maybe he did?).
We sang the ngiht away and made total fools of ourselves but enjoyed. Then, to cut a short story even shorter, I walked to the station and came home.
Badabing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home