Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Monday, March 19

Drama in Hiyoshi - fire.

A fire broke out above a soba restaurant in Hiyoshi tonight.


It was almost under control by the time I got there but I managed to take a few pictures and get some video.

Hopefully I wasn't acting in a sick way. I take no pleasure in other peoples' pain.
Despite there being 2 ambulances on the scene, I'm pretty sure no one was seriously hurt.
I'll check the news later.
Friends say the flames were shooting up high into the sky.

I could see the smoke from a kilometre away. It started at about 7pm. There were at least 8 fire trucks and some police cars taking up half of the main Tsunashima kaido road.
Of course, straffic was stopped temporarily. There was quite a crowd out, watching 'the show'. Hopefully this can make us more careful about switching off the gas, using hot blankets or smoking in the home. It only needs one mistake.

I, myself have come home on at least FIVE occasions when either my iron was still on or the saucepan I used to use to boil water for tea and coffee was glowing red hot. Needless to say, I now have an electric kettle.

Here's some footage:

Labels: