Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Wednesday, November 21

Nice moon - shame about uranus.

Used my Frankenstein camera to take some shots of the moon, from my balcony, using my ninja scope.
Used a very complicated method of pressing the camera to the lens of the scope and trying to hold still - not easy.
Still, I got some nice shots and some good footage of the moon passing through the telescopes field of view:


Here's a nice little movie of the moon passing through the field of view of the telescope:

I bought the telescope for 750yen in the childrens' section of a local hardoff. Not a bad deal. Optics seem ok.
I used a 12mm eyepiece in most shots. 10 or perhaps 8 in others.
For the movie, I used my camera tripod to position the camera as close as I could to the eyepice of the scope. Worked ok, but it's a little out of focus. Through the actual eyepiece, everything looked crisp and clear. Tried ajusting the focus by using the digital camera as reference and set the focus of the camera at infinity. Still, nice but not world class.
But for 750yen it ain't half bad.

So far, no one has called the police about a strange guy with a telescope and a digital camera, on his balcony at 2am.

....................................
p.s. here's a pic from tonight (21/November):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home