Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Monday, March 19

Kirin The Gold - or the bronze?

Today I bought Kirin's new beer - The Gold.

It's supposedly an all malt pilsner (as opposed to almost all the other 'beers' out there which contain rice and corn starch to help make up the sugars that become alcohol - a silly tax law in Japan lets beer companies save moeny by using less barley in their beers. The result is happoshite and other such cheap crap. The basic drinker doesn't mind, as they save money and still get drunk. Well, I still hold out for the real stuff).
Anyway, I decided to give this 'beer' a whirl.


The result?
Well, it has a higher than average maltiness to it, I'd give it that.
Dry taste too, but nothing special. Still empty, bodywise. Slightly above average.
5.5/10. No suprise, really.

I'm gonna wait until the 4th of the 4th (April) to taste what I hope is going to be a nice beer, from the guys at Sapporro:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home