Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Tuesday, June 5

Got my bench...eventually.

As some of you may know, I often visit used goods or recycle stores. I come across the occasional bargain.
Hopefully, I've found another one.
It wasn't the one I thought I had originally, but I still got one in the end (ooh, that sounds bad - and very, very painfull).
I found three sit up benches in two different places, about 4 or 5 km apart.
I've been drinking a lot of beer lately and not doing much exercise, so I figured something to help me lose those extra few hundred kilos would be a good thing.
This was the bench I wanted:
It was solid, it was long enough not to bang my head on the floor and it enabled me to use it to exercise my spinus erectus (no, I'm not talking dirty again) - the long muscle running up the back.

This was another bench at the nearer of the stores:
It was softer than the other one and a little flimsier. This bench was lacking a lock for the legs, but it did allow me to exercise my spinus erectio-I mean erectus.
"Lemme get a little stretch!"

This one was 1500yen. A little expensive for a less quality bench. Obviously, this was not my frist choice.

There was another one at the further store. This was also around 1000yen.
It seemed pretty good:
"Uh...need a little help...anyone?"

As you can see, this baby has a lock for the legs but no position to exercise my spinus erectus. no problem, I just want to exercise, not make myself go blind.
This would be my 2nd choice.

Well, what happened was that I went for the number one choice (of course), the fighting bench thing. The guys there lost a nut for the foot rest, so they said they would find it by Tuesday (it was Sunday at the time). They let me reserve the bench and they said they would deliver it to the nearer of the two stores to me and I could pick it up on Tuesday. Cool.
Sounded good.


Well, what happened was...


...I arrived on Tuesday and looked for my bench.
All I could find was the last choice bench, propped up in the entrance to the recycle store. I couldn't find the one I wanted.
I then noticed that my name was stuck on the bench.
I asked the guys at the store and they told me that they couldn't fix the first choice bench and so they threw it away in the rubbish and instead reserved the last choice bench for me.
Nuts.
Well, I told them thanks but no thanks.
I then cycled to the other shop (again) and checked out what was there.
Luckily I found the second choice bench and bought it for 980yen.
I carried it the 6km or so to my home on my bicycle (which had a slow puncture in the back wheel) and up the 3 flights of stairs to my humble abode.

It works.

Here's a picture of me, working out:
I'm sorry, I cut myself, shaving my armpits.

Actually, this is the bench I bought.
I found it online for about 4600yen!

Unfortunately, this young woman wasn't included.
Although I think I would have stretched it to 1500yen if she was.
Possibly 2000yen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home