Thoughts and experiences from this simple creature, called Chris. How well do you know him? Do you even care? Probably less so, after reading this:

Thursday, August 14

On my bike - to Kamakura (a road test)

I bought a new bike. Well, it's a used bike, but it's liek new for me.
It costs around 60,000yen new.
I bought ti for 26000. Not bad.

Plus, she came with
  • mudguards, front and back.
  • lights, front and back
  • cycle computer
  • improved big pedals
All in all, not a bad deal. The bike seemed to go ok. I just needed to oil everything and adjust the spokes in the back wheel. I'd done some test cycles before. About 35km or so. I got to 46kmph on the flat roads, which isnt bad.
I decided I needed a real test.
My friend, Stuart was thinking of riding to Kamakura. I thought that was a good opportunity to test out the bike.
We should have started at 5am but didnt get going until after 10am. way after, in fact.
We had to cycle through the worst (and it was pretty bad) of the summer sun.
Here's our route, in brief:

View Larger Map
Its 1am and im gonna sleep now. ill try to finish this enty tomorrow. gnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home